Only Doug Ford and the Ontario PCs will Build Highway 7￼
New four-lane highway will reduce gridlock between Kitchener and Guelph and provide relief to Highway 401 corridor
REGION OF WATERLOO, May 12, 2022 – Today, Doug Ford announced that a re-elected PC government will build a new Highway 7 to reduce traffic and gridlock between the fast growing urban centres of Kitchener, Waterloo and Guelph.
“Only the Ontario PCs have a real plan to build highways for a growing province, including building Highway 7 to fight gridlock and reduce traffic along the heavily travelled 401 corridor,” said Doug Ford. “After promising to build this highway in 2007, the Del Duca-Wynne Liberals shelved this project for over a decade, wasting millions of taxpayer dollars in the process. Andrea Horwath and the NDP are radically opposed to building the new roads and highways that Ontario needs. The Liberals and NDP will leave drivers stranded in gridlock.”
A re-elected PC government will move forward with Phase 2 of construction on the new 18-kilometre four-lane highway between Kitchener and Guelph, which includes building two bridges over the Grand River that will connect the new alignment of Highway 7 to Highway 85 (Conestoga Parkway) in Kitchener.
“The people of Kitchener and Guelph deserve better than sitting in gridlock on one of the busiest two-lane highways in Ontario,” added Ford. “Drivers need real action, not more broken promises. Only the Ontario PCs will build the new Highway 7 and get it done.”
Doug Ford is the only leader with a real plan:
- Rebuilding Ontario’s economy with good manufacturing jobs, more support for small business and a mining plan that will finally open up the Ring of Fire.
- Working for workers by encouraging apprenticeships and opening up jobs in the skilled trades, allowing colleges to grant three-year degrees and increasing the minimum wage.
- Building highways and infrastructure, including Highway 413, the Bradford Bypass while investing in the 401 East
- Keeping costs down by lowering gas taxes, getting rid of license plate stickers and removing unfair tolls on Highways 412 and 418.
- Plan to stay open by hiring more nurses, doctors and personal support workers, allowing more seniors to stay in their own homes and producing more vaccines and critical supplies like PPE right here in Ontario.
Only Doug Ford will Get it Done.